Blogadda Who are you reading today ?

March 16, 2013

Slipping away


  
There was beautiful sunshine and fragrant air,
A cool breeze teasing my unruly hair.
In I slowly put my hand ,
Picked up a fistful of golden sand.

Merry times on a beach, splashing in the waves !
Blend of fun and love any girl craves.
Not a care anywhere in sight,
My life never seemed so bright.

Slipping through my fingers, cannot hold forever..
Hurtful words I should not remember,
Cling onto the tender love and laughter.
The sun will rise again the night after.

I grope again in the space,
I know I have myself to brace.
Broken pieces of a dream..
Surges my agony in a silent scream.


Written for The Last Mixed Bag 


14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the contrast in moods between the first two stanzas and the last two. "Silent screams" are sometimes the loudest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Yes, indeed silent screams are from the deep ends of your heart.

      Delete
  2. Hurtful words can certainly be harmful, even in memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hurtful words are hardly forgotten and they continue to hurt relationships.

      Delete
  3. Wow, the sands of time hold both good and bad memories. Which to choose? What to do? I like your response to the prompt.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad memories will hopefully fade as the ocean brings the waves in and out bringing new sand and taking some of the old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn those moments happen...life will be sunny and then clouds either from new pain or memories of the old. Wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully preserved emotion... enjoyed reading it...
    Keep Rhyming...
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great piece--I so enjoyed it and thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u...and thanks for visiting here too..

      Delete

So, What did you think of it ?